Friday, April 1, 2011

Friends Again

Me and the scale, that is. When I stepped on this morning, no 268! I am down to 264, that's 15 pounds since I started a month ago. I have to admit, I had a bit of a melt down yesterday. The scale got brought up yesterday morning, so I went ahead and took a peek. It came back 267. It was first thing in the morning, so I had no big lunch or dinner to blame it on. I'll admit, there were tears. My husband kept reminding me of how much better I had been feeling lately. And I just kept saying I didn't want to be fat anymore. It was a pretty pathetic scene. When I got home, as is my obsessive nature, I got on it again and it said I weighed 264! What the hell? After I weighed myself several more times on different areas of my kitchen floor (I live in a VERY old apartment and the floors are uneven), I was finally satisfied that the morning weight was some sort of fluke. My husband seems to think it was because I pee'd. I really don't know how I could have possibly had three pounds of urine in me, but whatever. So, that brings us to today. My official weigh-in day. I stepped on the scale and TA-DA, still 264. That dastardly 268 is gone!

I do think I am going to invest in a new scale, though. The one we have is, quite literally, ten years old. I've heard they have ones that can also measure body fat. I haven't looked into them yet, but I will have to do some research and see what I can afford.

It has been rainy and dreary here the last four days and I have been using it as an excuse to be lazy. My new official weight has re-energized me, though! I'm ready to get my shoes back on and get another 1.6 miles under my belt this evening. And I will be seeing Jillian Michaels before school tomorrow. (By see, I mean do her workout video that I have downloaded. With the previous admittance of less than stellar sanity, I didn't want anyone to think I was having hallucinations.)

No comments:

Post a Comment