Wednesday, March 30, 2011

That Feeling In Your Tummy

I am super hungry today. I've had all my meals, spaced them out appropriately and whatnot, but I am just famished. I'm not sure if this is due to my increased physical activity as of late or I'm just having a hungry day. So far, I've managed to stay mostly on track, though I have gone slightly over my calories already. (On Wednesdays I have class and don't get home until 10PM, so I eat a big lunch.) I guess the good thing is I'm not really craving anything bad, I just want to eat. I'm currently drinking my big glass of water to keep my hands and mouth busy, but this hunger is really beating me down today. I haven't felt ravenous like this since I started cutting my calories and eating healthy. Any ideas on what the issue might be? And any suggestions for low-calorie foods that will fill me up in the middle of the day?

2 comments:

  1. There could be something that you are falling short on, like salt or potassium. You could just be having a hungry day. I get those too. :)
    Good low-calorie ideas include (non-microwave) popcorn, mozzarella sticks, chips and salsa, carrots, and celery with peanut butter. Ok... the peanut butter may not be low calorie but the celery is actually negative calorie. (You use up more calories eating and digesting it than it imparts. And it's high in fiber) It works out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, mozzarella sticks, I will have to add string cheese to my grocery list!! I have the popcorn already, but I'll have to remember next time I'm up late, studying. I always seem to need to be eating when I'm doing that. Thanks for suggestions!

    ReplyDelete