Monday, March 21, 2011

Just Desserts

In case it wasn't clear from my last post, I have a sweet tooth. Candy, ice cream, cake, candy bars, cookies...you name it and I love it. That's why I knew if I wanted to succeed in this lifestyle change (bleck, I hate that term, but what else is there)I had to find something to satisfy my sweet tooth cravings. Enter Yoplait. Yoplait makes these wonderfully delectable yogurt Whips. I don't know why whipping some extra air into yogurt makes it so freaking delicious, but it does! I love the chocolate mousse, the strawberry mist, the raspberry mousse, and my favorite, chocolate raspberry mousse. Though, I've been having quite the time finding the last one. These nightly treats help keep my insatiable desire for all things sugary at bay. I have recently found Granola Thins from Nature Valley, too. They are squares of granola with one side coated in chocolate. They aren't quite as satisfying as the Whips, but they have half the calories, so they come in handy on days when I've been less than diligent with my meals.

I really feel like these nightly snacks have been keeping me on track. I've never had a problem eating healthy food, my issue has always been with not eating the junk. And my bigger issue is stopping once I start. See, once I get a taste of the ooey gooey goodness, I can't get enough. I will eat and eat and eat until I pass out from a sugar coma. My willpower is crap. So until I get down in the pounds and my new healthy ways become habit, these treats will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment