Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Stupid Scale

My name is Angela and I have a problem. That's right, I'm a scale-oholic. Ever since I started this thing (I've really got to come up with some clever name) I have been unable to stay off the scale. I've weighed myself everyday, some times multiple times a day. I know!! I'm driving myself crazy. I know that weight fluctuates. And I know that what you weigh in the morning may be lower than what you weigh at the end of the day. Every night when I've frustrated myself with multiple trips to the scale that have turned up spastic results, I go to bed saying I won't get on the scale until Friday (the day I've deemed my official weigh in day). But every morning, I can't resist. It's like the scale is taunting me. Calling to me. "Maybe you lost more weight, don't you want to find out." Aggghhhh, damn you scale!! I think I only have one choice. That's right. Put it in the trunk of my husband's car. If it's not here, then I can't be tempted, right? I can have him bring it up on Thursday evenings for my weigh-in on Fridays. Not a perfect plan, but I've got to do something. Every time I get on the scale and it appears I have gained a pound (only to lose it the next day, of course) I get discouraged, like maybe this is all for naught. But it's not for nothing. This takes time and willpower (which is why I'm left with no willpower to stop myself from getting on the scale). I need to focus on the benefits I'm receiving, not the weight I'm losing. Like the fact I haven't had trouble breathing when I go to bed. And how great I feel after taking the 1 3/4 mile walk around the park. I will beat this thing. If I've managed to quit Snickers cold turkey, then I can do this!

...but maybe just one more peek before I give it to my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment